Thursday, March 10, 2011

Boimimicry & Architecture



I love watching TED videos and using them for my blogs, if you haven't noticed. I learn so much from the speakers. This video has speaker Michael Pawlyn talking about using biomimcry to help design better sustainable architecture. If you don't know what biomimicry is you can look at one of my previous blogs where I discuss it more and share my idea for a biomimicry influenced product ( see my 10/21/10 blog). But to give a quick definition, biomimicry takes the wonders of biology and nature and puts those ideas in to create sustainable products, thus having a closed loop cycle. This allows products to have a "cradle-to-cradle" cycle instead of a "cradle-to-grave" cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you use reusable bags when you go grocery shopping?