Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Smallest Homes

Well what I'm talking about here is the smallest apartment, but is the most function too for its space. This apartment is in Hong Kong, China. (Go here to watch the video and others. I couldn't get the video to show up in my blog.)



Anyway, Gary Chang designed his apartment to be the most efficient in its small state. Everything in his apartment is collapsible or slides out from the walls. He said "Everything moves for me," which it does. His kitchen is behind his TV, which behind that is his washer and dryer; his couch is underneath his bed; and his bathtub is behind his dresser, which is behind the CD/DVD case. Everything is on tracks on the ceiling and wheels on the floor. He even has enough room for a projector screen the size of his living room window to watch movies on while relaxing in a hammock.



Here are the different variations he can have his apartment in. There is a total of 24 ways of how he can utilize his apartment.



How would you like to live like Gary Chang?

2 comments:

  1. Personally I would LOVE it! I'm fascinated with the idea of downsizing my life in order to make as little impact on the environment as possible. This is a great area of study since I'm a planning major. Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it would be pretty sweet too... I mean at least for one person. I would like to see this type of architecture for a family of 4 or more in a house.

    ReplyDelete

Do you use reusable bags when you go grocery shopping?