Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gingerbaby Goes Green: Update

The whole point in creating this blog in the first place was to talk about my goals to become more sustainable. I want to do an update now and see if I've been able to keep any of my goals.

Last quarter, I came up with 4 goals:
  1. Use less electricity
  2. Take shorter showers
  3. By local produce
  4. Use resuable bags
To be honest, I haven't been doing well on 3 of my goals. It seems that the only one that I've been able to keep up with is my first goal, using less electricity. I always unplug my laptop charger and cell phone charger after I'm done using them. I also unplug my TV and dvd player, but that's because I don't use them that much. And anytime I'm going to be gone for the weekend or longer, I unplug everything.

One goal that I really want to work on is using the resusable bags when I go grocery shopping. When I came up with that goal last quarter, I used them all the time. But now that it's a new quarter, I've slacked off quite a bit on that one.

I'm going to try and focus on 2 goals for right now, instead of 4. My 2 goals this quarter are 1) Use reusable bags and 2) take shorter showers.

So just for fun, here is a picture of me and a reusable bag.




Do you do anything or have any goals about using or consuming less? What do you do?

Tell me I would love to know what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you use reusable bags when you go grocery shopping?