Tuesday, November 30, 2010

End of the Quarter Ecological Footprint

I re-took the EF quiz and I now only take up 3.5 earths compared to when I first took the quiz I took up 3.8 earths. So my EF only went down .3 earths.

To help my EF go down, I have been really good about unplugging my phone and computer charger when I'm not using them. I also take showers in 4-10 minutes. And with my newest goal of using reusable bags, I've done pretty good with that. There have only been a couple times that I forgot to bring them with me shopping.

I think that I will be able keep up with these changes. After a while, I'll probably make new goals for myself and see if I can achieve those. It will take me a while buy items with less packaging. Every time I by something and it can't be recycled, I kind of feel guilty for buying it.

All in all, I think this quarter was great for achieving my EF reduction goals.

1 comment:

  1. .3 earths is significant Kristina, it is an uncertain measure.................. Keep up your new sustainable habits!

    ReplyDelete

Do you use reusable bags when you go grocery shopping?